The Global Telecom Ecosystem’s Core Team of Industry Veteran Engineers, Architects and Visionaries Announced Ahead of Capacity Europe
DUBLIN, IRELAND — October 16, 2018 — The Sphere, a blockchain-powered global ecosystem for the telecom industry, is quickly earning industry recognition just a few months after its unveiling by securing a spot on five Global Carrier Awards 2018 shortlists. The Sphere is in the running for Best Network Technology Innovation, Best Voice Service Innovation – Emerging Market, Best European Project, Best Cloud Innovation and Best Anti-Fraud Innovation. The winners will be announced at the Capacity Global Carrier Awards ceremony and gala dinner on Wednesday, Oct. 24 in London.
Powered by patented blockchain technology, proprietary advanced algorithms and a pioneering globally distributed cloud network, The Sphere facilitates multiparty chain-trading, routing and financial settlements in real time. The Sphere is also introducing its core team of engineers, architects and visionaries with years of experience building and operating networks for some of the world’s largest telcos.
“We’re very familiar with the challenges that operators, carriers and resellers have been facing for far too long,” states Boaz Refaeli, VP Operations and Engineering for The Sphere. “We built The Sphere from the ground up to provide much-needed solutions, powered by next-gen technologies, that will serve the wholesale telecom industry today and in the future. The Global Carrier Awards shortlist recognition underscores the ground-breaking innovation that The Sphere delivers.”
The Sphere’s core team includes:
- Yariv Trabelsi – Chief Technology Officer: Leading expert in all things related to VoIP and technology. Successfully designing and developing services supporting millions of customers around the world for industry leaders such as Skype, Vonage and Microsoft.
- John Tolton – Chief Commercial Officer: Throughout his 20-year history of driving results for telecom companies such as Telarix, iBasis and Nextel International, John has thrived in startups and the global carrier marketplace by introducing and leveraging new and disruptive technologies.
- Boaz Refaeli – VP Operations and Engineering: Played a key role in the VoIP market transition and deployment for carriers globally. Pushed communication startups on to the Nasdaq, and led the Telefonica venture initiatives in providing advanced services worldwide.
- Giacomo Vacca – Principal VoIP Network Architect and Developer: Designed, developed and managed real-time communications infrastructure built on open source applications for almost 20 years. Giacomo has been deeply involved in pioneering fixed, mobile and WebRTC solutions for Truphone, Orange and Vonage (Nexmo).
- Brett Rosenblatt – Principal Information System Architect: Designed software applications and data platforms serving all facets of the telecom industry with focus on high-volume data design, modeling and intelligence systems for companies such as AT&T, C&W and Telefonica.
- Arik Halperin – Principal Algorithm and System Designer: With 20+ years of experience solving complex challenges for IDF, Texas Instruments, Vodafone, MetaLink and other large organizations, Arik specializes in real-time, high-speed communication protocols and technologies.
Stop by booths 32 & 33 during Capacity Europe 2018 to find out more about The Sphere. To schedule a meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Sphere
The Sphere is a global telecom ecosystem with an exchange platform at its core, facilitating multiparty chain-trading, routing and financial settlements in real time. Backed by two years of strategic development and more than $10 million in capital investment, The Sphere removes commercial barriers, financial threats and operational challenges in today’s and tomorrow’s telecom market. The ecosystem is powered by patented blockchain technology, proprietary advanced algorithms and a pioneering globally distributed cloud network. For more information, visit www.TheSphere.IO.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates (JSA)
+1 866.695.3629 ext. 13